Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Roaches


So the "apartment" I'm living in through my college, is disgusting.
When I signed up to live here, I was told that this section of housing was "Newly Renovated!" How naive I was! What would have been more accurate is that SOME of the apartments have been renovated . . . roughly a third.

Now because my College is putting all of its energy in renovating some of the dorms, they don't even bother to keep up the older ones, ERGO mine is falling apart.

A five-star shit hole.

The shower leaks water all over the floor, and apparently has been doing this for decades because not only was mold growing under the tiles, but it had come through the wall and covered the floor, chair and wall.

The pipes leak (onto the fuse box), The hot water heater barly works, the oven doesn't, and there are no overhead lights. The only light switch in the bedrooms turns off the power in the ENTIRE room, which you know, is real convent, if you like resetting your clock every day.

It also doesn't help that I'm living with college guys, who are not the cleanest people in the world, especially when living in a place that has been inhabited by college guys for the past 30 years.

It's Disgusting.

And always with disgusting living places, there are cockroaches.

Now I hate roaches as much as, well everyone —but that doesn't mean I freak out every time I see one.


So I come home the other day and my roommate, as usual, is at his desk doing his homework.
He turns around, looks at me awkwardly and says "sorry—

I look down

Apparently he had no choice but to use my really nice shoes because he "has kind of a phobia of roaches"

Who DOESN'T have "kind of" a phobia of roaches?

No one likes them! The word "Icky" was actually coined when Queen Victoria saw a roach in her carriage!

(I made that last bit up)

He definitely did not "have" to use my shoes. I look over to his side of the room and he has three, yes THREE pairs of shoes just sitting by his desk! One pair were his old running shoes that he also wears sailing. He should have used those to kill the roach, and then throw them out, because those smelly grimy things need to go. And he also had another pair that were rubber flip-flops which, if you were not aware, are the most perfect roach squishing shoes of all time!

Now usually I don't care if my shoes are used for killing insects, and I guess I really don't care that much now either. But you can clean the squished bug and blood of my nice shoes and put them back where you found them, or in the very least, don't leave the dead cockroach on the floor.

He could have at least extended me these courtesies, especially considering he really had no excuse to use my shoes when he had plenty of perfect roach-killing-objects at his disposal.

Annoying ginger roommate, "Y U NO BE NORMAL!?!"



No comments:

Post a Comment