Monday, February 14, 2011

Frogger.

So I've been sick for the past week. While spending the weekend at home, I finally went to the doctor, who after looking up my nose and saying "EUGH!" informed me that I have a sinus infection and two ear infections.

Yay!

She then prescribed me some heavy duty medications, and told me I should take monday off. So I somewhat took her advice (which is how I take all advice from doctors) and stayed at home that night, planning to skip my German class the next morning.

So I woke up this morning, popped in some of the prescribed steroid pills and hit the road.

Now I rarely take medicine. Hell, I drink caffeine so infrequently that when I do it keeps me up for hours, so the steroids were intense. I'd get really hyped up, and then, out of the blue, I'd get really tired.

This complicated things while driving back to school, alone, holding the sterling wheel with one hand, blowing my nose with the other, and dodging trucks left and right.

I don't know why there were so many trucks on the road today, but there seems to be something about the middle of the day, that makes truck drivers drive like maniacs. I felt like Frogger. One truck kept trying to pass me, would get stuck behind someone else, and then start swerving around me again. Later, I kept getting stuck behind two trucks that were carrying, what I assumed was coal, blocking the road for anyone to pass. Another thought it was appropriate to go 25 miles over the speed-limit (60) to get around me before we both stopped at a red light.

I made it back to school safely at least. Though I'm still on steroids, antibiotics, and have a bottle of codeine cough syrup to take before I go to bed.

I must have luck on my side. Lets hope it continues and I actually wake up tomorrow morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment